Monday, June 28, 2010

Hockey Canada Does it in True Canadian Style

Okay so tonight I went to Commonwealth stadium in Edmonton for the Hockey Canada Celebrates Canadian Olympians and Canadian Forces..

First of all I would like to give BIG props to Hockey Canada and all involved in making this possible..It was a phenomenal event and presentation. With TSN big rigs like Ryan Rishaug and Pierre McGuire as well as Olympic Legend Brian Williams the program did not disappoint showing all the key moments on the big screen and giving all edmontonians the opportunity to relive the moments that made us all so proud to be Canadian! I felt like I was back in vancouver at the olympics everyone around me was talking about where they were and what they did when crosby scored the OT goal!!

Not to be lost in all the hype was a touching tribute to the Canadian Military with a song by George Canyon that moved me to tears!!

Key moments of the event:

> Jonathan Toews was signing an autograph by where i was standing and we high fived! It made my life a little bit!!

> Brent Seabrook and Duncan Keith took time to sign everything for fans

> Luongo pulled kids from the mosh crowd to sign their jerseys

> Saw Moose (Messier)

>Saw one of my fav. coaches Mike Babcock didnt get to meet him or get a pic though

> the queen doesnt have the cop patrol that Crosby did

> BEING CANADIAN IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!


There is a cap refresher on my experience.. still on a high.. not quality writing here but wanted to give you a snap shot!!!


THANK YOU HOCKEY CANADA

No comments:

Post a Comment